Some important things to keep in mind if you are shooting your M1 at Camp Perry for 2017:
- Shooting the John C. Garand match does not make you part of the GCA shooting team. Only those who are shooting or assisting with the two team matches (NTT and NTIT) are considered team members and receive GCA hats and shirts as well as reimbursement for matches shot with an M1 Garand.
- The deadline to register to participate with the GCA as a shooter will be June 15, 2017
- If someone registers late or is a walk-on participant at Camp Perry, they will be allowed to participate with the GCA teams as support personnel.
- Anyone fulfilling a support position such as “brass rat,” scorer, and target puller for the teams is paid a stipend by the GCA for supporting the team.
- SUPPORT THE TEAM, NOT THE CARBINE! There will be no match fee reimbursement if you compete in the carbine match since it presents a scheduling conflict for a team match and does not further the mission of the GCA.
- If all of the preregistered teams are fully staffed and there are enough walk-on shooters to create additional teams, they will be created with these shooters. These shooters will function as support for one of the team matches and compete on the second match while the support staff from the previous match will shoot on the second. This way we do not face the dilemma of having multiple, partially staffed teams, and everyone will have at least one opportunity to shoot in a match.
- Existing teams returning for 2017 need to make an effort to provide their own support staff. This would be one of the expectations of the Team Captains to manage, along with receiving their team’s bundle of shirts and hats to distribute.
- HXP M2 Ball ammunition will still be provided to first time competitors who may not have ammo to shoot.
- Click here to download 2017 Reimbursement form