GCA Membership Policyjonfrye2015-04-09T15:08:09-04:00
- Effective May 10, 2013, GCA changed from a fixed membership year with all members renewing on Sept. 1 to a year-round renewal structure.
- Existing members who expire Sept. 1, 2013 will be randomly divided between all the months of the year and offered a pro-rated membership renewal fee to take them from Sept. 1, 2013 to their new assigned renewal month. A special one-time renewal notice will be mailed out to all these members soon.
- Dec. 1, 2013, the pro-rated special membership renewal expires. After that date, renewing members should pay the usual $25 and will simply be processed for 12 months of membership starting from when they renew. Examples: Renew Dec. 15, 2013; new renewal date is Jan. 1, 2014. Renew Feb. 25, 2014; new renewal date is March 1, 2015.
- If renewals are submitted so late that issues of the GCA Journal have been missed, they will not automatically be sent. They may be purchased as back issues for $5 each, subject to availability.
- Because membership expiration dates now extend 12 months from the membership renewal date, members will always receive a full year’s worth of membership and four issues of the quarterly GCA Journal, even if they renew late.
- After May 10, 2013, new memberships will no longer automatically expire on Sept. 1. The membership will run for 12 months from when the application is processed. Example: Join on May 20, 2013 and expiration date is June 1, 2014.